Quick Recap of the last 2 cities of auditions - can everyone please say a collective 'YAY!' now that auditions are over? I HATE these episodes which is probably why I put off blogging on them for almost an entire week until I say "Oh crap, tomorrow is Idol and I haven't posted a blog yet!" But that only matters if anyone is reading it which is hard to tell... But I'm posting it anyway because I like to hear myself talk in my head. :)
The first person we see go through to Hollywood is Jorge Nunez from Puerto Rico. He sings "My Way" in spanish and "What A Wonderful World" in english and does a good job with each.
Melinda Camille is up next and Melinda likes to dance naked in her room because it uplifts humanity. That makes sense. Actually, no it doesn't and neither does most of what she says but she has a pretty good voice and a cute smile and after singing "I'm Feeling Good" she makes it through! I hope she does well in Hollywood!
Jackie Tohn is up next and she's kind of a raspy rocker chick. I like her but I'm not totally convinced she's not a plant. She seems pretty well put together with her look, guitar, and personality. She sings "I'm Yours" and gets her golden ticket... we'll have to keep our eyes on that one.
For some horrible reason, the next contestant Norman Gentle or Nick Mitchell or whatever, gets through. I don't get it at all. I think the limits of his talent are being able to carry a tune but I think the judges put him through because of his costume. It was an annoying waste of time, watching him audition, and I'm pretty mad he made it. He sang "And I'm Telling You" and insulted Simon a few times with gay jokes. That right there should've have been the end of Norman/Nick in my opinion.
Monique Garcia Torres with the cute little brother sings next and does an okay job with "You Can't Hurry Love" and "I Turn To You". The judges don't have a lot of confidence in her ability to make the show but the cute kid gets her a ticket to Hollywood.
Patricia Lewis Roman sings last. After a passable version of "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" she makes it through. I still think there should be an Idol law against singing Mariah and Whitney songs. The only weird thing about Patricia's audition is that she was the last singer of the night and didn't have a sob story... weird!
Hollywood Week is up next!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment