FINALLY we're in Hollywood!! No more stupid audition weeks! On to the drama, catfights, trainwrecky group performances and divaliciousness YAY!
147 Auditioners made it to Hollywood this year. And they start them off with a little Idol Bootcamp which includes makeovers, vocal coaching, and Barry Manilow... what kind of bootcamp IS this and where can -I- sign up?
The idol-wannabees take the stage in groups of 8, pass the mic, do their thing, then get cut or get told they can stay. I started getting confused who was with what group during the show so I'll just comment on the highlights.
Lil Rounds signs "I Will Always Love You" and it was really loud and kind of shouty but everyone LOOOVES her. I wonder if SHE is a plant because it just seems weird that everyone would think she was so amazing. She DOES have a great voice but not THAT great... There are 2 others from her group, Asia, and Alexander, who make it through.
The next "featured" singer we see is Nathaniel Marshall who is 18 from NY and has lip piercings. He does a great job with his song but then he starts crying and telling his sob story. "He is one of those kids who had it tough." Oh BOO HOO... who doesn't feel that way at 18??
Anoop Dasai sings and does well, so does Jasmine Murray. Rose Flack, the hippie girl with the blonde dreadlocky braids is featured and crying, but pulls it together and gets through to round 2 along with the rest of her group which looks like it included Jason Castro's bro... I already forget his name...
Stephen Faller, Jorge Nunez, Nick/Norman (again WHY??), Scott McIntyre (blind guy), Frankie Jordan (Amy Winehouse wannabe/mom) all make it through and so does Von Smith, the shouty guy. Simon agreed his audition was annoying and self-indulgent. I still don't like him.
That was the end of Day 1. On Day 2, 83 contestants auditioned in the same fashion as Day 1.
Rocker chick Jackie Tohn is back and sails on through.
Danny Gokey and his bff Jamaar are back together, too. Danny is the poor guy who lost his wife. Jamaar sang "California Dreamin" and did an awesome job, I love him! And Danny sang "Kiss From A Rose On A Grave" and also realllly did great. I love these 2. Danny annoyed me during his 1st audition but he's starting to grow on me! Go Danny!
Katrina Bikini Girl is back and makes it through after Paula and Kara try to squish her down. Honestly, she shouldn't have made it to this point but for some reason Simon & Randy champion her this time around. Oil rigger guy makes it. So does David Osmond, Erica Wesley, and Emily Wynne Hughes, the pink haired punk girl who supposedly gets cut in the next round.
From 147, we're down to 104 coming up in Round 2 of Hollywood Week. Next up - GROUP DAY!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment