OH my gosh this is so late but I have had the busiest week and just got around to finally posting this! So, a week ago, we saw the San Fransisco auditions for Idol. We were lucky to only have to sit through an hour of the crappy auditions tonight and here's who we see get Golden Tickets:
First up is Tatiana Nicole Del Toro. First off - it was obnoxious the amount of time they spent featuring her. Second - she didn't have a bad voice, the girl can actually sing. Third - the montage of her blowing fake kisses was HILARIOUS! She auditioned to "You're No Good". Third - I think she's definitely a few cards short of a whole deck. She got her ticket and I'm sure we'll get to hear her freaky laugh a few more times in Hweek.
Jesus Valenzula is up next and after a heartwarming story of how his kids convinced him to audition, he awkwardly sings Usher's “Nice and Slow”. I didn't like it, neither did the judges but they told him to bring his kids in. He does, the kids are adorable, Jesus begs, they let him sing again, this time he does "Unchained Melody". Still not so great but who can resist the cutey patooties? So they give him a ticket. He won't make it through Hweek.
We are now 1/2 way through the show and only on our 4th audition. This is why I HATE these audition weeks. THEY SO SUCK!!!!
Next up is a mess of a guy named John Twiford. I can't remember what he sang.
Allison Iraheta also makes it, I can't read my writing to tell what she sang or remember much about her... sorry - bad recapping but WHAT DO YOU WANT? I've lost an entire week! I'll do better this week I promise.
So does Raquel Houghton.
Next up is Adam Lambert singing “Bohemian Rhapsody” Simon thinks it's too theatrical. Randy says that Adam is a good singer and Kara & Paula also like him so he gets to go to Hweek. I say "Ringer" because he admits he toured with Wicked.
Last up is Kai Kalama and his sad story of how he cares for his mom who has a seizure disorder and wants to buy her a house and blah blah blah (sorry I know, it's touching but I don't really CARE. I just want to see people who can SING make the show... after they make the show THEN maybe I'll start caring about their poor mom but for now, can you just get on with the SINGING part? HMMM?) Anyway, Kai sings “Smoke Gets In Your Eyes” and none of the judges think he has what it takes to make it so... they give him a ticket. Whatev.
All in all I think they said that 12 people made it to Hollywood week from San Fransisco.
Next up - LOUISVILLE!
The first Golden Ticket is handed to Joanna Pacitti who is a TOTAL Ringer and here is why she is THIS year's Carly Smithson: First, it's rumored that she's dating Mark Ballas, one of the pros on Dancing With the Stars, and that she's good freinds with 19 Entertainment's VP of Music & TV Publicity, which is how she got on Idol in the first place. Second, when she was 16, she was signed by A&M Records, which she admits to on the show after Kara pretends to be shocked to "know" her from her record deal and the rest of the judges pretend to be surprised she's now standing before them. She has had her songs featured in the movies Legally Blonde, First Daughter, Nancy Drew, and The Bratz Movie. Britney Spears just covered her Bratz Movie song on her latest album, Circus. She also signed with Geffen Records and released a single in 2006 called "Let It Slide" that she toured but was dropped from Geffen when her album sales tanked. And lastly, she was Broadway's production of Annie at the age of 12 and her story made the news all over the country when she was axed and her mom sued. So, that's the back story that I've gathered from my sources. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether or not we should hate her as much as we hated Carly.
On to more Idol hopefuls from Louisville -
Brent Keith Smith sings "Can't Get Enough" the judges liked him, back he goes to Hollywood.
Matt Giraud sings "I Don't Wanna Be", he seems like a rocker type. The judges like his tone and think he's a little like Elliot Yamin and Gavin DeGraw. I'm not super crazy about him, I'm sure he'll do okay in Hweek.
Alexis Grace is a 21 year old mom who has been singing since she was 2. She sings "Dr. Feelgood". The judges like her because she looks marketable. I thought it was a little overdone and had too much yelling, but the judges all love her, on she goes...
Kris Allen, Felicia Barton, Ryan Johnson, & Shera Lawrence also get Golden tickets but I was in the middle of folding laundry and didn't write down what they sang!
And the token sob story of the evening goes to Laneshe who is poor and has her mom with her. She's cute and sings well so off she goes to Hweek. Good luck Laneshe!
Off to Jacksonville tonight, and I promise to do a better job recapping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I watched Salt Lake City last night and thought the found some ok ones there. A few went through that I wasn't crazy about, but I'll wait and see if you agree w/ me on them before i spill what I thought on YOUR blog lol.
ReplyDelete