Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dancing With The Stars ~ Week 3

DWTS Recap of Week 3

So I have a little vent about some of these celebrities. Sure, they're more"celebrity" than you or me... or, you at least... I'm kind of a big deal. But several of them lack any appeal in the likeability category.

For instance, up first is Denise and Maks doing the Samba. The last thing Denise Richards did was a failed reality tv show and an ugly ugly public custody battle with her ex husband. Someone please explain the appeal there? And, yeah, the Samba, not so great. She has NO rhythm and seemed like she lost her place several times. I give them props for attempting the samba rolls because the past few seasons couples have been punking out on the rolls and that's such a great part of the Samba! As much as I'd miss Maks' hottness, I wouldn't be surprised if they were in trouble this week.

So, Chuck and Julianne are up next doing the Foxtrot. They're a cute couple, I think Chuck did "ballroom" rather well. Much better than his attempt at Latin last week. Bruno pointed out that he did better at taking the lead this week and Carrie Anne appreciated their attention to detail and form. I voted for them because I think they have potential!

Up next is Holly and Dmitri with the Samba. It was full of lifts, missed handgrabs and she kept looking like she was going to trip over her feet. I feel bad for her because I am a fan but they really didn't do enough to earn my vote this week. I said it last week that I wanted to give them one more chance to pull it together but it's just not happening.

Steve-O & Lacey are next dancing the Foxtrot. My issue with Steve-O is Steve-O has done a couple Jackass movies and the MTV show but the last thing he's known for is battling a drug addiction in rehab, and yay, props for getting that taken care of but that's not necessarily anything that makes me think of families sitting around watching this family show and wanting to pull for him in the competition, as much as I love his partner. Oh, so yeah, their dance...wow, that was just tragic on so many levels... he was trying but he forgot the steps, lost the beat, and then fell. Poor them! I think Steve-O deserves 1 more week to pull it together and try to overcome some of these injuries though so I voted for them.

So, Lawrence Taylor & Edyta are up next with the Samba and it was really cute! His charisma is growing every week and he had some bounce in his step. It was great! He was moving his hips and smiling and having fun. I really enjoyed it and they definitely earned my vote last night. I'm startin to kind of like them for sure.

Shawn & Mark are up next with the Foxtrot and yeah, they blew it out of the water, of COURSE because Shawn is awesome. And Mark is hot... So - here's my thing... Shawn reminds me a LOT of Sabrina. You remember her from a couple seasons ago? And she & Mark had a thing. I'm totally vibing that Mark & Shawn are digging each other and I'm wondering if the age thing is creeping anyone else out but me? Not creeped out enough to not vote though, they should have no trouble sailing through to next week.

Up next is my girl Cheryl Burke & Gilles! LOVE them!!! Love Cheryl! Love Gilles, especially shirtless, can we have more of that please? It was hot! I loved it! Gilles can shake it baby :) Even if he is, clearly, a mama's boy! I gave them ALL my extra votes tonight and can't wait for next week!

David and Kym danced an okay foxtrot didn't love it, didn't hate it... Not really a fan of his. The judges liked their technique and the difficulty of their choreography, they'll probably pull through tonight's elimination so we'll see if they can ride this into the next week.

So, up next is Steve Wozniak and Karina's Samba. Last week, he was in the bottom 2 and miraculously survived the dance-off. I'm not sure how he beat out Belinda, even though she was pretty bad. So, Steve is dealing with crushed bones in his foot and now a pulled hamstring. The Woz is fallin apart. THAT said - it was a REALLY cute Samba! I hate to say it but Steve is growing on me! He was so cute! And he's got gumption and courage to get out there and do what he's doing. He's like a big teddy bear. Yeah, he has no technique, but in all honesty, I'd rather watch him dance than Ho Bag Richards or Ex Con Lil Kim. "Terrible from start to finish" as Glen said, yeah, maybe, but at least he's trying! Did I vote for him? No. Do I hope he stays longer than Ho Bag and Ex Con? Yeah, I sorta do.

Up next is Melissa. The least "celeb" of all the celebs. Why is she leaving her job and cleaning out her desk? Being tragically dumped on a reality show and being picked to dance on another doesn't necessarily mean she's got an acting career under way. If I were her, I'd have kept the desk job, you know, JUST IN CASE... Oh, so, yeah, their Foxtrot... Tootally fun, sassy and adorable. LOVED her dress, she gets Best Outfit for the 2nd time! Totally voted for her and Tony. I love her and I hope she goes far in this competition. Carrie Ann wants to see her challenge herself a little bit more, but I lay that blame on Tony's shoulders. He has a LOOOONG history of doing easy choreography and babying his partners. Though, given his history of partners, you can kind of understand. He's probably not used to dancing with a celeb of Melissa's skill level. So hopefully they can step it up next week and show us something!

Up next is Lil Kim and Derek's Samba. At first impression, if you know nothing about Lil Kim, she's totally adorable, likeable, and the more they refer to her as "Grammy Winner" the more you might think "WOW, she's just a GREAT gal!" I completely understand this is an attempt at damage control on her image and maybe an image overhaul, which Lord knows, the girl could use. But the reality is that she spent a lot of energy on creating her image before this show and this isn't it! Her past "image" glorified crime, drugs, guns, gang culture, and prison life. Talk about art imitating life - she is a convicted felon who has served time in prison. I'm not sure why the producers thought she would be such an awesome addition to the show but I'm trying to not hate on her because I think she's definitely talented! She did a pretty good job on the Samba, better than most of the other Samba-ers tonight. She's got a good work ethic as far as wanting to improve and do a great job and she's fun to watch dance. I'm sure they won't have a problem getting through tonight's elimination.

Up last is Ty Murray and Chelsie with the Foxtrot. I'm pretty sure the only reason Ty was picked to be on the show was because Jewel, his wife, was originally chosen to dance and they just recently got married. But now that Jewel is no longer dancing, it's definitely odd that they picked a Rodeo guy as one of the celebs. So, he & Melissa may be tied in the "non-celeb" category, but heck with it, they're 2 of the most likeable people competing! I think he's improved every week. I felt SO bad that Chelsie tripped twice, that was sad. But they did a great job and I hope they come back next week because I'm enjoying watching him grow into this and handle the dances. I love me a cowboy ;) so I definitely voted for them.

So, there's the recap. Looking forward to tonight's results. I think Denise, Holly, and Steve Wozniak are the candidates for the bottom positions tonight. I also think they're pretty interchangable as far as who can go and who can stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment