I know I know - i haven't posted an American Idol recap since the week before Wild Card Night! I might have to give up on catching up and just start fresh after tonight's show... BUT before we get to that I have another Dancing With The Stars recap for you :) So, enjoy!
I wasn't as thrilled this week as I was last week... maybe it was the excitement of the season kick off but last night was kind of blah for me. Are the dances all really short because of timing to fit them all in within 2 hours? I feel like some dances went on for minutes and minutes and others weren't any longer than a 32 count!
Anyway, last night we saw Quickstepping and Salsa-ing. Weren't very many who nailed it on either dance in my opinion.
Lil Kim & Derek did the Quickstep. I think it was okay. Lil Kim definitely has potential to get there but their timing was a little off. I voted for them and I'm sure they'll be safe and make it through the results show tonight. I hope to see them back next week.
Belinda & Jonathan did the Salsa and it was realllly bad. Belinda has no musicality and like Carrie Anne said, very little grace. I didn't vote for them and at this point, don't really care to see them back next week or not. I don't think they'll be the first to go, though. I bet they'll make it through tonight's vote.
Lawrence & Edyta did the Quickstep and Lawrence pulled it off really well! I was shocked at how well they did considering what a MESS their dance was last week. I voted for Lawrence because he deserves an A for Effort this week for sure. Still has some timing issues but I think if America voted like I did, and he makes it past his prior performance and through tonight's elimination, I might be eating my words about the NFL hotstreak!
Steve-O & Lacey did the Salsa and was I the ONLY one who kept expecting him to jump from the upper balcony wearing a parachute or for Lacey to peel her skin off and reveal it was really Steve-O?? The entire feature I kept thinking we were all getting Punked and he was really fine. Then, when it turned out he really WAS hurt it was kind of a letdown! I feel bad for all these injured C-Listers! If this keeps up, they won't be able to find anyone to staff next season with! OH - Back to Steve-O's dance I guess... Yeah, it wasn't that great, he's kind of awkward and just doesn't have a dancey bone in his body but I love Lacey and felt badly for their situation so I voted for them... With the injury, it's a possibility they could be in trouble tonight, but there are still a couple people who are worse than Steve-O so if he recovers from his injury, I wouldn't be surprised to see them back next week.
Gille & Cheryl did an AMAZING Quickstep. He is sooooooo pritty. In the words of my friend Keary "I wish I was Cheryl Burke". You know I threw a few extra Jazzercise votes their way but in actuality, they deserved it! This is one dance I thought was too short and would've loved to see more of! I loved her green Kryptonite dress and Gille's Clark Kent glasses! I'm hoping my Jazzercise sistahs out there are also voting for Cheryl and that they sail through tonight's elimination!
Chuck & Julianne's Salsa was pretty disappointing. He looks good posing but didn't see much of him dancing. She, of course, is phenomenal but Bruno was right in that it wasn't really Salsa-y enough. Still, they're cute, and she's adorable so I voted for them.
Holly & Dmitry's Quickstep was kind of frenzied. Holly looked like she couldn't keep up and didn't really know which way Dmitry was ever going to go next. Hopefully the judge's critisms didn't get her down too much and she can bounce back. I'm not really feelin the love for Dmitry yet, either. But, I voted for them because I'm a Holly fan. "Every day is a Holly Day!" And hopefully they won't be eliminated tonight, but I have a feeling they could also be a couple in trouble. Mostly because of Holly's bad dancing, coupled with Dmitry not really having a big fan base yet himself.
Ty & Chelsie's Quickstep was pretty good, too, considering the horribleness that was their Cha Cha Cha last week. Ty also earned a vote from me for the effort he put into it. I think he might actually even be having a little fun with this now! Again, if he can pull through on some votes based on last night's performance, he might have a chance tonight.
Shawn & Mark's Salsa was awesome. Shawn did a great job, as expected. I think her struggle to come out of her shell has more to do with her age, than with her dance ability or with her gymnastics history getting in her way. She's only 17 and is probably a "young" 17, at that, what with how rigid her upbringing probably has been thus far, to incorporate an Olympic level training schedule smack in the middle of her teen years. No wonder she's not your typical flirty 17 year old! But she rocked out the Salsa better than most every one else tonight and definitely earned a vote. I'm sure they won't have any trouble getting through tonight's elimination.
Steve & Karina. Ohhhhh my goodness.... Where to begin. Steve is like a goofy characiture of a person. He is soooo awkward to watch and Karina pulled out her favorite "geek and cute 50's girl" schtick for their Quickstep to try to cover the obvious, he IS a geek and doesn't really NEED a costume. I didn't vote for them and my money is on them for the 1st couple eliminated.
David & Kym weren't so great either. I didn't vote for them. I like Kym as a dancer but wonder about her decisions sometimes. I had the feeling David was mad at her for how poorly they scored. They could be in the bottom tonight.
Denise & Maksim did pretty well with their Quickstep. Again, it's hard for me to be a fan of Denise's but you can't say the girl can't dance. As only the 3rd female pro doing the Quickstep tonight (Her, Holly, and Lil Kim), hers was the best of the 3. So, she got my vote. But if for some reason they get eliminated tonight, i won't miss my inner struggle to vote or not to vote for Denise next week.
And of course, Melissa and Tony stole the show AGAIN with their amazing Salsa. The only thing I'll pick on is that Melissa's hands were kind of flapping around a lot but OMG so what? She was the best dancer all night and it showed in the judge's scores. Hopefully she got America's vote (she definitely got mine) and will be back next week!
Looking forward to tonight to see who will get the axe. My guess is Steve Wozniak, with Holly, David, Ty, and Steve-O as possible other couples who could be at risk NEXT week if they don't step up their game.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment