Please excuse the interruption in your American Idol coverage but today we're talking about Dancing With The Stars! So, deal with it!
At first when I heard Melissa from The Bachelor was going to be replacing one of the injured contestants I was pretty bummed. I gave up watching The Bachelor/ette shows a few seasons ago because I was tired of being emotionally invested for weeks on end with these people only to have them break up! And apparantly I was correct on that call, once again. I saw the clips of The Breakup between her and the Bachelor dude enough times to pass a little judgement that she seemed like someone I wouldn't be too into bothering with on Dancing. She's not a STAR, or even a minor celebrity, she just was the girl that got dumped. Which SUCKS but, oh well! Well, I stand corrected. I liked her a LOT last night and voted for her several times! She seems like she'll do well, she was a beautiful dancer.
I will say though that this season has some shady characters what with Jailbird Lil' Kim and Rehab Stev-O lol!
I think Lil Kim & Derek did a good Cha Cha Cha though and I voted for them once.
Belinda Carlisle & Jonathan's Waltz was just so/so. I didn't vote for them but if they come back next week I won't be mad or anything.
Lawrence Taylor & Edyta were pretty bad. How is it possible that Edyta's accent is stronger and her english speaking is worse this season? My prediction is the Lawrence will NOT be following in the tradition of NFL players doing well on the show. I didn't vote for them, I think they're a top contender for being voted off 1st.
Steve-O & Lacey's Waltz to the Godfather theme was pretty good. I thought they did ok and I voted for them based purely on the fact that I have a girl-crush on Lacey, but I think Steve-O has potential so I'm looking forward to next week. I think Lacey fans will help pull him through the 1st few voting sessions but then he'll need to find his feet.
LOVED Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke's Cha Cha Cha. I said before the show even started that I'd be voting for Cheryl based on her Jazzercise partnership which I am really excited about, but I am THRILLED that she got a partner that also deserves my vote. Not only is he easy on the eyes, but he's a beautiful dancer and I think they'll go far. Cheryl looks great this season, too.
Also loved Chuck Wicks & Julianne. Their Waltz was really pretty. I'm confused though, I thought Julianne was taking this season off to focus on her music career. I'm thrilled to see her back because she's my favorite girl pro on the show (well, she & Lacey are tied). Lol - I call either a breakup between these 2 before it's over, OR an on-air marriage proposal. Any takers?I voted for them, they're adorable, and he's not a bad dancer at all!
I was SO disappointed that Holly Madison kind of sucked... I know she only trained for a few days for her Cha Cha Cha but I was really hoping she would do better. I loved The Girls Next Door and I'm a big fan of all 3 of those girls. I hope she comes back next week with a little more skill and confidence under her belt but I think she's also in the running for being voted off 1st. I voted once for Holly out of loyalty to TGND but I don't hold out much hope for massive improvement if she makes it through.
Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower's Cha Cha Cha wasn't great at all. Ohhhh, poor Chelsie, she was one of my favorite contestants on SYTYCD. She's cuter than Christmas and can DANCE! But Ty... not so much. I voted for them once because I like Chelsie but Ty joins Holly & Lawrence in the contenders who could leave 1st.
Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas did and amazing Waltz. Shawn did well which I think everyone here could have predicted. Gymnasts have amazing muscle control, extension, and awareness which helps with coordination in a HUGE way. I knew she'd do well and she deserves to! I voted for them and I'm sure we'll be seeing her next week.
Steve Wozniak and Karina's Cha Cha Cha was pretty much what I expected. But how mad would you be if you were Karina! Your new fiance gets Denise Richards and YOU get Steve Wozniak! NOT FAIR! No votes for them. I feel badly, the past few seasons Karina has gotten the shaft as far as her celebrity partners have been concerned. Steve is probably the most in danger of going home first for the obvious reason that he can't dance, but also because I highly doubt there is a huge tech-guy fan-base that watches this show, and that's pretty much the only group of people he would resonate with when it came to voting for ANY other reason besides his dance skills.
David Alan Grier & Kym Johnson didn't do badly. I didn't mind their Waltz and I think David might have some potential but I didn't vote for them either. I don't think he's in danger of going home next week.
Denise Richards & Maksim danced the Cha Cha Cha ok. Denise looked terrified and stiff but she has nice lines. I take issue with her wackiness and strange parenting decisions and the drama she caused surrounding the custody battle with her ex, Charlie Sheen, though. So it's hard for me to want to vote for her and see her do well. HOWEVER, I did anyway because it's NOT hard for me to admit taht I would like, at some point in the near future, to see Maks' bare chest again.
And up last was Melissa Rycroft & Tony dancing the Waltz. It was beautiful and with only 5 days to train I thought she did an amazing job. She was adorable and won Best Dress of the night in my opinion. She looked like Princess Jasmine from Disney's Alladin. Wasn't feelin the fake glittery tramp stamp but the rest of the outfit was GORGEOUS and she did a beautiful job so she got votes as well. It's also nice to see Tony get paired with a good dancer. He's another one who has a history of getting paired with partners that have 2 left feet. So, go Tony & Melissa!
Next Monday everyone gets to dance again. They'll do either the Quickstep or the Salsa, then we vote again!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment