Monday, October 19, 2009

Dancing With The Stars - Final 11

Where the heck did last week go?? Okay - fast recap of last week before I have to try to get tonight's posted BEFORE the results this time! This week there were 4 different dances. The Bolero (sort of like the Rumba, not sure what the big difference there is), The Charelston, The Country 2-Step, and The Lambada.

With Debi Mazar and Tom DeLay out of the competition, we're left with 11 Celebrities and this is how it went down last Monday night:

Chuck & Anna danced the Country 2-Step. I thought Chuck did a respectable job, considering his level of skill in dancing all told. It had good speed and he kept up with Anna and didn't look like he was just walking in place, which this would be an easy dance to do that to. The judges commented on his lack of technique like usual, with Bruno calling it "Mayhem" and they gave him a 17. I voted for them because I think it's funny, at this point, that Chuck has made it so far and thought it'd be cool to see if he could pull off another week. As it turns out though, he's the celeb who got the boot last Tuesday, no pun intended.

Melissa Joan Hart danced the Charelston. It was SO cute and goofy and their 20's flapper costumes were adorable. She really got into the character and performed this danced better than any other she's done all season long. Carrie Ann told her she had a major breakthrough and she earned the high score of the night with a 28. I definitely voted for them, feeling pretty confident they'd be totally safe on Tuesday.

Natalie & Alec danced the Bolero. I'm a little confused by this dance, it looks a lot like the Rumba. If anyone can clarify, that'd be swell. It was pretty and graceful. The judges gave her a 24 with some pointers on technique like watching her arms and feeling the romance. Samantha Harris wanted to know if she approached the Bolero with the same intensity as The Olympics. Gotta love Samantha and her cracked out questions. At some point during their pre-score interview, she said the word "Hullabaloo." I definitely voted for Natalie, she's one of my favorite Celebs this season.

Aaron & Karina dance the Lambada. It was bad. He's weird. I don't like the way he dances anymore at all. The judges keep saying he's trying too hard but I don't think that's the problem, I just think that's him and it's really uncomfortable to watch. Carrie Ann says he turns people off... I agree. His performance was clumsy and didn't make any sense. It's supposed to be a sexy dance but there were a lot of Jazz Hands happening on his part and that was odd. They got an 18 for their efforts but I didn't vote for him.

Mark & Lacey were up next with the Country 2-Step. I love Mark and want him to do so well but this was kind of messy, he kept losing his step, and to top that all off, the singing by the band was ATROCIOUS making it even more difficult to try to enjoy this routine. But, the judges loved it, aside from pointing out him being on the wrong foot, they praised his confidence and his partering skills and gave him a generouse 22. I voted for them because, like I said, I like Mark a lot, and Lacey is one of my favorite pros.

Kelly & Louis danced the Charelston. It was fun, had good timing, and she looked really confident during the whole dance. Louis' bright red lipstick was a little freaky but I guess it fit the character. The judges liked her performance a lot and they got a 23. I definitely voted for Kelly, I think if she can keep improving like she has been, she could be a dark horse.

Joanna & Derek were up next with the Lambada. It was sexy and fun. She is a really good dancer and she seems like she just keeps getting better. I dont' know what her background is, but unlike Mya (the only other female with any other real dancer-like ability) we've never heard that she studied dance or was a professional dancer at any point. So, I like taht about her, and how good she's becoming, based just on her own talent and not lifelong training. They got a 26 and I voted for them because I think she's so cute and I like Derek... shirtless. I mean, I liek Derek! Shirt or no shirt... but maybe preferably no shirt?

Donny & Kym danced the Charelston. I thought theirs was the best Charelston of the night. It was SO fun, they used the entire dance floor, it had SO much energy and Kym is adorable. They got a 24, I thought they should've scored higher, I definitely voted for him, Donny has become my favorite male Celeb left.

Michael danced the Bolero. It was boring. Had no speed, very little romance that I could see, he has trouble really capturing the character of the dances. He smiles and turns on the charm and I think people are keeping him around because other NFL players have done so well, they're just hoping he'll figure it out but I think it's time to let that dream go. It's rough watching him struggle through week after week. I'd rather watch Chuck, who knows he's not the best, but attempts it, has fun, and doesn't get pissy with low scores. Michael whines when the judges are mean to him and seems to feel like he's doign his best, why won't they just give him 10's? No vote.

Louie & Chelsie do the Country 2-Step... Rather, CHELSIE does the 2-Step, Louie walks behind her and picks her up once or twice. She's cute as a button and a heck of a dancer but Louie dropped the ball this week. There was no content there and judges agreed that there wasn't enough performing on his part, just a lot of shuffling from place to place. I voted for them anyway though because I like Chelsie and Louie's mom is a Jazzercise Instructor, and since Tom DeLay and his stupid foot fractures took Cheryl out of the game early, we Jazzercise Instructors gotta have someone to root for!! They got a 16 and were safe to dance again!

Mya was last with the Lambada. It was really good. But nobody expects anything less from her. She's a great dancer and a fun performer. I enjoy her interview clips and I don't want to see her leave early. She's learning all of these dances for the 1st time like everyone else, it just seems like she's got SUCH an advantage with her dance background that it's a little unfair. But I don't begrudge her success. They tied Melissa with a 28. I didn't vote for her this week. It seems obvious she's going to be safe. I"m not saying I'll NEVER vote for her, but maybe I'll save it for a week that she falls or something :)

Okay - taht's that! Time to get ready for tonight's show! The Tango and The Paso Doble I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment