Okay! So, the recap is a day late but DEFINITELY not a dollar short! This was a fun night I thought. The dancing was awesome, I loved Baz as a guest judge, and Samantha Harris was DEAD ON with her stupidly obvious interview questions and goofy smiles. I was missing Carrie Ann's fauxhawk this week but you can't have everything, right?
So, I think it came as a shock to nobody when we said goodbye to Macy Gray and Ashley Hamilton last week. I think just given the performances even aside from the judge's scores, they were definitely the 2 that deserved to go home. Their castmates that landed in the bottom with them (Kathy Ireland and Michael Irvin) certainly would have a LOT of work to do to enable them to stay past the next couple weeks, but were by no means as bad as those 2 ended up being. So that brings us to THIS week's dancing and here's a recap for you!
Kicking things off were bikini model Joanna and Derek with a very quick and energetic Jive. I enjoyed their performance but thought that Joanna looked a little bit lost in places. The judges thought it was a little uncontrolled and frantic. She received a 20 for a score though, which is pretty good and I voted for them because I think she's fun, cute, and might pull it together eventually and blow us all away.
Natalie was next with the Quickstep. I LOVED this! I think there were a couple times where she could've pointed her toes better but I thought this was SUCH a good performance. I laughed when they were practicing and she was getting scolded for holding her breath and trying to breathe more, she said "All this oxygen is making me dizzy!" Carrie Ann said she is her favorite competitor, and the judges complimented her performance but also told her she would move ever better if she would relax and breathe. I LOVED her purple dress.
Up next was MMA fighter, Chuck, dancing Tango. So, Chuck reminds me of the biggest, roughest, scariest teddy bear you could ever find. I freakin LOVED his head tattoos, that was totally badass, and that 7 Nation Army song is one of mine & Brad's favorites, so I blasted it and watched this Tango 3 times lol! The judges thought it was a strong performance, that he made a strong committment to the dance, and they could see he put a lot of work into it, but there's still room for improvement. Carrie Ann wrapped it up nicely saying that he was sexy but scary. I totally agree! They gave him a 19 and I voted for them because I do think he's improving. He won't ultimately end up winning the competition but I'd like to see him dance next week if he stays. He's kind of like Ty Murray. Not the best dancer, but improving.
Melissa Joan Hart was up next dancing the Jive. Their sparkly red polka dot outfits were SO cute! Bruno told them the looked lke fluttering ladybugs! I thought it was really cute and I think Melissa did a really good job of performing this week as opposed to last week when she was all nerves. When she was actually doing the dancing, it was great, but her footwork I think could've been bigger. The judges acknowledged her vast improvement over last week and complimented her vibrant performance but told her to watch her feet and try to get more stepwork in. They have her a 19. I think she maybe deserved 7's all around but it's a solid score and I think her fanbase will pull her through. I certainly voted for her because I want to see what else she can do.
Michael Irvin danced the Quickstep last night with his partner, Anna. Something about this girl bugs me... It might be her teeth... I can't pinpoint it yet but it's there in the back of my brain and I just can't figure out exactly what it is... For a Quickstep, I thought it was kind of slow. I thought it was a little boring and lacked content. There was still a lot of him standing around with his arms extended and her dancing around him going on, but the judges disagree with me there, they praised the amount of content, his confidence, and told him that compared to last week, he really "delivered the goods" awarding him a 20 for his efforts. I didn't vote for Michael tonight. I think he's pretty charismatic, but I haven't REALLY enjoyed his dancing thus far and don't really care one way or the other if he makes it through to next week. If he keeps making it through and pulls out a performance worthy of a vote, then by all means, I will give it to him, but until then, we'll just have to see how many NFL devotees we have watching the show.
Debi and Maks were next with their Tango and OH. MY. GOD. Do I love Maks! They could walk out in paper sacks and just stand there and I'd have voted. I was actually MAD at Debi for saying she had a love/hate thing for him and acting a little bitchy at the end like she was being put upon or something. HELLO? Shut up! That aside, I like her, but she better never hit my Maks again or I might have to beat her up. Oh - I'm supposed to be talking about their dance now... sorry... SO their Tango was good, I thought their form was good and their legs were good, i liked the choreography a lot and I think they really pulled it off. The judges loved the story and complimented their hold but told her she needs to work on what's going on in between the big moments, and not get shaky. They gave her a 21 and I voted because I want to see Maks with his shirt off at least once this season and to do THAT we need to keep them in the competition!
Louie the snowboarder was next, dancing the Jive. It was really cute, it made me smile, Chelsea is awesome and one of my favorite pros again this season. I'm really surprised at how good Louie is considering his cluelessness and never having even watched the show! My only problem with him is that he doesn't seem to know what to do when he's not actually dancing. The judges want him to work on that and really apply himself. They're as shocked as anybody that he's actually got the potential! They gave him a 19, and I voted for them, I want to see what kind of a dancer he ever turns into.
Aaron Carter and Karina danced the Quickstep and say what you will about Aaron's stupid hair, I was voting for them from the 1st note whether they pulled it off or not! How can you NOT vote for Animal and Gonzo making an appearance and their Kermit and Miss Piggy costumes were GENIUS! Luckily, their Quickstep, and their performance overall stole the night for me, I thought they rocked it and it was totally adorable! The judges called it spectacular, clever, and a total pleasure, complimenting Aaron's ability to look totally in control on the dance floor. Of all the celebrities, he's definitely the one that hits the floor looking MOST like an actual ballroom dancer. He earned his 27, which was the high score of the night.
Kelly Osbourne and Louis danced their Tango and I felt so bad for her, she was so nervous and you coudl tell she was just totally feeling the pressure to live up to last week's amazing dances. She looked scared, sad, and nervous and it showed in the performance. She slipped, lost the beat a few times, and it wasn't as strong as last week. The judge's tried to give her a pep talk complimenting her attention to technique and appreciating the growth she's showing and the hard work she's committing too. I voted for her because I know she can do better than this and hopefully we'll see her back next week and she pulls it together and comes alive again! She earned a 19, but hopefully that won't land her in jeopardy.
Okay... so... we're on dancer number 10 of the evening. And it's Kathy Ireland and Tony. GAH I just want to smack this girl! She talks like she's a 4 year old. I think if someone came up in kicked her in the shins she'd thank them for the opportunity to have stood there while they did it! Their Quickstep was pretty and elegant, but very slow, and really boring. Talk about lack of content, this would be the definition if you looked it up in the dictionary. They judges agreed that it was better than the Salsa but said their hold was too spacious, the performance wasn't very engaging and it was beautiful but not exciting. I think she's the 1st celebrity of the evening to be in obvious trouble unless the voters pull her through. She has the low score of the night with an 18.
My favorite couple, Mark & Lacey, were next with their Quickstep which was actually QUICK YAY! I LOVE Lacey, she is so cute. This was such a fun dance and that cool jump they did near the end was... well... cool! The judge's told Mark to work on his feet and docked him points for a small slip near the middle/end of the dance but like his ambition and ability to sell it. They gave him a 21 and you know I voted for them!
Mya was next dancing the Jive. As a lifelong dancer, I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect her to be great, again, and she was. It was a fun dance, a good performance, very entertaining and well executed. I love her interview and practice clips, she is fun to watch and I like listening to her comments. There's not much to say about her though because dancers will, of course, do very well in dancing competitions, right? She easily ties with Aaron earning her 27. I didn't want to pull a Sabrina on her and not vote just because she's good but... I didn't vote for her her, I saved the vote to use on someone else who I want to see back next week, betting that she'll probably be safe without my vote.
Tom DeLay and Jazzercise Celebrity Spokewoman, CHERYL BURKE were up next with a Tango. It was a solid performance, he gets the subtleties of the dances down well, and has pretty good technique. He's not the most exciting male celeb out there on the floor, but it means a lot to me to keep Cheryl in the competition so of course I voted for them a couple of times. Except for the near crash at the end that almost landed both of them on the ground, it wasn't bad. The judges liked his hold, dignity, and grace throughout the performance and thought it was a well done proper Tango. I bet even Len would have said something not mean about it. Sadly, they didn't back it up with high marks, landing them tied for last with an 18.
AAAAaand last but not least was Donny Osmond and Kym dancing the Jive. This was the BEST dance to end the night with. Kym's boots were FIERCE and it was such a fun performance. I think they rocked it out and maybe even outshown Katrina and Aaron's Quickstep. My favorite part was the side by side stuff in the middle, it was SO cute! I'm really glad Kym has a good partner this year, she's had her work cut out for her the past couple seasons! I thought his kicks and bounce were really good and the judges gave him a 25 complimenting his accuracy, calling it a performance that was full of life and joy. I voted for them, too, because like I said last week, I didn't expect to enjoy watching him, but I think he's one of the best celebrities on this season. His interview and practice session clips are entertaining and his performances thus far have been really great.
I was sort of bummed there weren't any more Relay Dances tonight, I would have liked to have seen them doing that again.
I think the people obviously in trouble are Kathy Ireland and Michael Irvin. I think the people who could be joining them in the bottom would be Tom DeLay, maybe Louie or Chuck just because of their technique, and for the women, maybe MJH because of her nerves, and hopefully not Kelly.
I haven't watched the results yet so I don't know who went home last night, gonna go fold some laundry and check that out riiiiiiight now... Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment