Well, this will be short & sweet because these contestants this season are all sooo consistant, it's getting just a little bit hard to find anything all that new to say about them! Last week we finally said goodbye to Lil, who just seemed like she had all this potential but it never came to fruition, and to Anoop, the perpetual underdog who tried his best every week and was seeming to make some headway finally, but it wasn't enough to derail the other hopefuls.
This week was Standards week and I was pretty happy with all the songs that were chosen tonight. I was SO glad we didn't have to sit through 5 rounds of critiquing and hear the judge's say stupid things like "That wasn't very current" during Standards week. Thankfully, someone must have told them "Don't say that tonight, you'll sound ever more stupider than normal." Yes, I know that's not gramatically correct, that's the POINT of being stupider than normal.
Okay, so kicking things off is Kris Allen with "The Way You Look Tonight". It was nearly perfect, all the judges but Simon loved it and complimented him on this technical skills. Simon call him "wet". No, I don't know what that means.
Next up is Allison Iraheta with "Somone To Watch Over Me". I thought this was her best performance all season. Again, everyone but Simon had glowing remarks and praise for Allison. I actually thougth she blew Kris's performance out of the water with hers, but Simon only gave her a 7 out of 10 and told her she'd be in trouble because he doesn't feel like she really believes she can win.
Singing 3rd is Matt Giraud with "My Funny Valentine". It was pitchy and a little scattered in my opinion. I love the tone of his voice and he has moments during his performances that give me chills and are really amazing, but then he tries to falsetto and his voice cracks, or do a riff and misses notes. It's a little frustrating. Pretty much everyone but Simon agrees he just didn't bring the song together in a cohesive way and that there were good parts and other parts that fell apart. Simon thought it was absolutely brilliant. I think Simon must think it's opposite day or something?
Up 4th and Danny Gokey singing "Come Rain Or Come Shine" and OMG! Usually I say something that compliments his singing ability and about his lack of stage presence but tonight - totally a different Gokey!! He had MAD stage presence, and on top of a really passionate, deep down performance his vocals were right on. I think it was the best he's done in weeks. All the judges loved it, Danny even cheered for himself lol!
And singing last is of course, Adam Lambert, with "Feeling Good". Another strong Adam performance. This kid is so consistant there's not much I can say about how he did. Great vocals, great stage presence, great shiny white suit. The judges all love him yaaaayyyy Adam.
So, my prediction is probably Matt going home tonight just based purely on vocals. I hope it's not Allison.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment